Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day

+2
Esther
Freddie Peepers
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

here are some picture from last summer around our pond and yard
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day 1248194742
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Smushiefaceparty048
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Smushiefaceparty069
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day >1
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Pondwalkourpondourpets08-21-09011
lilies blooming
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Pondwalkourpondourpets08-21-09085
pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Pondwalkourpondourpets08-21-09155

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

OHHHH, makes me sad. HEYYY, do you have blue lilies, hardy ones?? Not hardy?? Then how do you winter them over??

Sure is a nice pond and surroundings. Thanks for sharing.

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

the blue lilies are tropical and i did not try to overwinter them so in other words they were like annuals in the pond.
Considering how much money I spend each spring on "land flowers" they were really a bargain, and next year I will get some more and try to overwinter them

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

I have wished over and over for blue hardies and I think they have recently come up with one but there hasn't been time to sell them yet.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

That looks great Freddie, the pond looks huge. How big is it?

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Pondwalkourpondourpets08-21-09024
Our pond is approx. 16 feet long and about 12 feet wide and
in the middle about 3 1/2 feet deep

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Picture2495-1
this is how it looks now
And as far as herons go.....
they have yet to discover it. We live about a block from a lake and I've seen herons fly over our yard but never once have they landed. I realize that we are taking a risk but I don't want to use a net or put up a fence to deter them so we try not to get "too" attached to our fish. That has now become a problem because my wife has taught them to eat out of our hands and all 10 have gotten names
I like to think that because the pond is so close to the house and with 3 dogs around that maybe the herons will stay away

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

I love your falls, Freddie - not too steep and really natural looking. They would look great with my pond. It's not something I would try myself. I actually need a whole rebuild. Errosion has caused my edges to fail on half of the pond nearest the house. The whole yard slopes down from the house and it took a few years to show damage. I put it off for the past two years. This spring I have got to do something. I am dreading it.

Mrs. Peepers

[color=blue]Oh I like the way you have the little windchimes around it. Once those darn herons find a snack bar it's hard to stop them. good luck.

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Freddie, your pond looks so serene and peaceful. I'll bet it has a calming effect on your nerves. I wish my husband would let me have one. He says it's just one more thing he'd have to mow around. At least I have my rose garden.
:[IMG]/rosey.gi

11pond pictures from last summer on a cold winter's day Empty Nice Pond Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Great pond freddie.

Happy ponding,

Rich

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum