Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

Signs of Spring

+3
rosebud
Freddie Peepers
Esther
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

So nice. Can't wait. We just got maybe 7-10" a couple of days ago so it'll be a while before we see much anything green.

2Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

Same here Esther ...not quite as much but very heavy and wet snow...I'm sick and tired of shoveling so I decided to only shovel off the deck and leave the driveway alone.

I have been hearing more birds singing lately so even though it feels differently, spring isn't far off. Man I'm looking forward to the crocuses, they are my favorite spring flower. I planted them in the lawn of our old house and by the time we moved out, there were over 5000 bulbs that made cars slow down as they drove by during the bloom.
I'm doing it again here but there's only a couple hundred so far. Nothing like our old place

3Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

My peach tree is blooming! If all those blooms make peaches, we're gonna have a bumper crop! I'll try to get out and take pictures tomorrow if it doesn't rain. The ground is still soooo wet!

ex[grow] Signs of Spring 265366

4Signs of Spring Empty spring Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 pm

wolfmom

wolfmom

I agree Rosebud, my yard is so mucky, and more rain expected today. Been seeing a lot of Robins, Bluebirds and Blue Jays.

5Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Esther

Chatterbox
Chatterbox

All those birds are trying to figure out when is the best time to leave. Too bad they don't have Facebook.

6Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 pm

fishlipsmcgee

fishlipsmcgee
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

So nice to see your spring pictures.  It's snowing here today and it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Sunday.  I think we are getting the end of that noreaster that hit the east coast.   Signs of Spring 32759

7Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Hope I do this right. These are my peach blossoms.
Signs of Spring Spring11

8Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Kittyzee

What beautiful pictures! I know spring is coming but we got more snow yesterday with more expected this afternoon. I have spring fever so bad, I can taste it....seriously. I'm getting really cranky about it. I guess I'll have to go stand in a sunbeam: that is IF I COULD FIND ONE! ex[overreact] Thanks for sharing those pics with such beautiful colors!!

9Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Freddie Peepers

Freddie Peepers
Minnow
Minnow

nice picture of the peach blossoms....At least it got above freezing today and it didn't snow

10Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Well, I'm not going to have any peaches this year after all. Robert sprayed herbicide in the ditch and along the fenceline. Unfortunately, he didn't take into consideration that the wind was blowing. I lost all my peaches and leaves on that tree! Also lost everything on one rose bush! What really chaps me is that he won't admit that his spraying did it! I mean I know it was an accident but, at least admit it! I'm just hoping that it didn't kill the tree or the rose bush. Signs of Spring 868486

11Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Lari

Lari
Minnow
Minnow

Wow JW, your so much further ahead than we are. I've seen a few Daffodils and crocus, no tulips yet and trees are just beginning to get buds. Today I did see a Forsythia bush in bloom on my way home today, so we're getting there.

Rosebud, I hope your plants live.

12Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Tomorrow when I go walking, I'm going to take my camera. There are so many beautiful flowers blooming! The azaleas and bridal wreath are simply breathtaking! The wildflowers are really outdoing themselves this year too. Oh, and my yellow roses are blooming! And the weather is beautiful (for the moment)!
ex[daisy] ex[grow] sunny

13Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

Buttercups grow alongside the roads everywhere!
Signs of Spring Buttercup1

This is pretty, but I don't know what it is.
Signs of Spring Fruitblossoms

Yellow Iris
Signs of Spring Iris
I'm taking a different route tomorrow, so I'll get different photos!

14Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 am

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

The middle one is a tree. I figure it's a fruit tree too. I'm gonna keep an eye on it to see what it makes! ex[nod]

15Signs of Spring Empty Re: Signs of Spring Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

rosebud

rosebud
Jabberjaws
Jabberjaws

More pictures!

Oxalis (also called Wood Sorrel)
Signs of Spring Oxalis

Wisteria (a heavenly fragrance)

Signs of Spring 100_0818

Azalea
Signs of Spring 100_0820

Another Azalea
Signs of Spring 100_0821-1

This isn't one of my rose bushes, but I love it!
Signs of Spring 100_0819

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum