Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bullfrogspad-Ponds-fish-friends

Ponds, fish and friends

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm getting kicked out of the house again

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Well, the people are coming this Sunday to look at our house to buy it. again, my wife wants me out from under foot so she can clean for two days and not be chasing any mess that I might make. Last week was a learning experience, I realized all of the things that I forgot to pack. My stake out pole was on my other kayak, the tank well in the Scrambler is smaller and I left the smaller box at home. the first red that I snagged I realized my stringer was in the truck. I didn't pack shampoo, razors, soap or deodorant so I made the trip to Galveston and bought all of those things.

Then I found soap, deodorant, toothpaste and everything else in the medicine cabinet. It has front on the shelves so things wont move around then fall out when you open the door. Oh well, now I have double of everything.

There is a small RV park at the four way stop in Sabine Pass. It is close to Kieth Lake and Texas bayou, has hookups and seems like a good spot. I'm leaving Thursday and will stay till Saturday morning.

bullfrog

bullfrog
Master Bullshitter
Master Bullshitter

Yeah, and the river is right across the street! There were two outbuildings, I was going to buy one of them but the stepfather took both of them. Rex and Shane both said that all of the furniture comes with the trailer. The crime scene clean up people said there was no way to salvage the house, too much cleanup was needed.

I bought the house and land for $20,634.00. I found out it is insured for $23,367.00 but there was no insurance on the contents. So I decided to go inside and remove some of the things before the insurance company just hauls it off when I report it as totaled. When I was working as a paramedic and we had to enter a scene like this, we would dab some Mentholatum on a dust mask to overcome the smell.

I prayed for God to give me the strength to do this. I found an unlocked window and really smeared the mask with the goop, then went in. I entered a back bedroom the smell of the menthol was overwhelming in the mask. I went into the living room where it happened and it wasn't really bad at all. There was some spatter on the ceiling and as far away as the refrigerator, but nothing major. I stood in the attached kitchen and eased the mask open, there was no smell. I called Vicki and told her I could clean this place up in 30 minutes. She says we should just let the insurance total it and take the money, I agree.

I removed the TV, bed, dining room table, washer and dryer. I found his bible and it had family pictures in it. there was a coffee table next to where he was sitting with two framed pictures. One was a recent one with him and his oldest daughter, the other was Shane when he was young holding a big catfish. They had quite a bit of dried spatter on them but I brought Lysol and paper towels and cleaned them good. I called Shane and told him I had them and could also get all of his clothes, they wear the same size. He wants the pictures and the clothes. I'll return today and get the clothes and the fridge.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum